Overall: 2 1/2 x 13 3/4 in. ( 6.4 x 34.9 cm )
Tin-glazed earthenware charger with Queen Anne sitting between trees wearing a crown and holding an orb and sceptre and flanked by initials "AR" with blue and yellow lines and blue dashes on rim painted and sponged in blue, yellow, and green on white ground; charger has buff-colored earthenware body with foot rim with opaque white tin-glaze on obverse; clear greenish-yellow lead glaze on reverse; three stilt marks on obverse; string tied around foot ring.
Bequest of Mrs. J. Insley Blair
printed: tag on base; "FROM/ STONER & EVANS/ 3, KING ST.,/ St. James' Sq., S.W./ Guaranteed Genuine" painted: on obverse; "AR"
Anne Stuart, Queen of England, ruled from 1702 - 1714. According to Michael Archer, the charger was made in London, possibly Norfolk House in Lambeth. According to John Austin, it was made in Bristol. The initials "AR" stand for "Anna Regina."
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.