each: 9 x 4 3/4 in.
Pair of colorless non-lead blown and dip-molded glass decanters; bulbous form with sloping shoulders, tapered neck with three applied rings and flanged lip, and base with molded rays and pontil mark; pattern-molded flutes at base below band of wheel-engraved vines with bunches of grapes.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman