Overall: 5 x 6 x 5 in. ( 12.7 x 15.2 x 12.7 cm )
Colorless lead glass pitcher blown in a three-part mold of geometric design (McKearin GII-18); barrel-shaped body with neck with flared rim pulled out to form spout, applied handle with crimped and curled end, and base molded with ring of diamonds (Diamond type) with pontil mark; body molded with bands of vertical ribs at neck, flutes at base, and a wide band of diamond diapering around waist.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.