Overall: 5 1/8 x 2 3/4 in. ( 13 x 7 cm )
Sapphire blue half-pint decanter blown in three-part mold (McKearin GI-29); barrel-shaped body with curved, sloping shoulders and tapered cylindrical neck; single band at base of neck, twelve scallops around shoulders with double horizontal bands below; twenty-four vertical ribs above three horizontal bands on body; concentric circles on base (McKearin ringed type 23); pontil mark on base.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.