Overall: 3 x 3 1/2 x 2 in. ( 7.6 x 8.9 x 5.1 cm )
Colorless lead glass cream jug blown in a three-part mold (McKearin GIII-18); flared rim pulled out to form spout, squat cylindrical body with rounded shoulders molded with band of ribbing at neck over band of diamond diapering over band fluting at base; base molded with diamonds (Diamond Type) with pontil mark; applied ribbed handle with crimped end.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman