each approx.: 9 x 3 in. ( 22.9 x 7.6 cm )
Pair of light green blown non-lead glass vases; tall ovoid body with flated and gaffered rim; pontil mark on base.
Purchase, Abbott-Lenox Fund
According to the accession records, these vases were found by George S. McKearin in 1925, and attributed by him to Bernard's Bay, NY, c.1852-1870. These vases were purchased by N-YHS from McKearin's estate.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.