Apothecary bottle with stopper
Glass, gilding, paint
with stopper: 14 1/2 x 5 1/8 in. ( 36.8 x 13 cm )
Colorless blown lead glass apothecary bottle with wide mouth, short cylindrical neck, circular body, pushup, and pressed lead glass stopper; attached rectangular glass label with gilding and painted border and inscription"CARB. MAGN."
painted: on brass plate affixed to bottle: "CARB./MAGN."
pressed: around bottom of bottle: "W. N. WALTON PATd SEPT 23: 1862."
printed: on round sticker affixed to bottom of bottle, around edge of circle: "APOTHECARIES HALL BRIDGEPORT, CONN. LEWIS W BOOTH, PROPR."
printed: on round sticker affixed to bottom of bottle, on inner edge of circle: "NO. 7 [mortar and pestle] WALL ST."
written: in pencil on round sticker affixed to bottom of bottle, center: "[illeg.] S H/O K "/[illeg.]"
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.