Wood, textile, metal, paper, glass
Overall: 10 1/2 x 22 x 9 in. ( 26.7 x 55.9 x 22.9 cm )
Open two-wheel cart made of wood, painted green with red and yellow trim, with black painted textile upholstery studded with white glass beads and trimmed with red braid and paper with wickerwork pattern glued to floor.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman, 1937
impressed: in wood on bottom: "2"
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.