Wood block and document from church in Holland which the Pilgrims attended
Wood, paper, textile
Overall: 2 x 3 1/8 x 2 5/8 in. (5.1 x 7.9 x 6.7 cm)
Rectangular block of wood with folded document attached with green ribbon.
written: in ink on paper document: "Certificate/ L.S./ The undersigned, administrators of the Reformed Church in Delfshaven (Holland), hereby certify that the annexed [sic] piece of oak is a part of a threshold of the door, leading out of the church into the former vestry. Sofar [sic] can be searched in the archives, this part of the church has never been re-built or renewed, so that safely may be taken this threshold being from the time [sic], the Pilgrim Fathers left Delfshaven in 1620./ Delfshaven, 27th May 1891/ For the Administrators- College of the Reformed Church/ W. de Muug [?] pres/ D.[F or C] Hvanbentveld/ Secry."
printed: around edge of seal affixed to document: "DE HAAVE VAN BEHOUNDENIS ALLEN BY GOD IN ZION IS"
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.