Overall: 5 1/8 x 5 1/4 x 1/4 in. ( 13 x 13.3 x 0.6 cm )
Tin-glazed earthenware tile with buff-colored body and blue and white painted decoration; windmill depicted at center of tile with decorative detailing at each corner; pin holes at top left and lower right.
Gift of Mrs. Bayard Verplanck
According to the accession records, this tile came from a house on the northwest corner of Jackson and Main Streets, in Fishkill, New York, where Johannes Swart kept a store (and later a tavern) from 1753.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.