Pine, metal, paint
Overall: 1 3/4 x 3 3/4 x 2 7/8 in. ( 4.4 x 9.5 x 7.3 cm )
Wooden (pine) box with two wire hinges and a wire latch, painted blue with white and red flower, and white border, nailed together.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman, 1937
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.