Overall: 24 1/2 x 10 1/4 x 1 in. ( 62.2 x 26 x 2.5 cm )
Handcarved and decorated plaque made of wood from the steamer "General Slocum"; vertical form with elaborately shaped top and bottom; woodburned decoration with "IN / MEMORY OF VICTIMS / ST. LUKES / CHURCH" at top, image of the steamer surrounded by angels at center, and a cross and anchor at bottom.
Gift of Rev. Paul H. Wasmund
woodburning: on obverse: "IN / MEMORY OF VICTIMS / ST. LUKES / CHURCH / ON / 1904 / JUNE 15th."
woodburning: on reverse: "MENORY [sic] / main / LAR"
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.