Overall: 3 1/4 x 7 5/8 x 3 3/4 in. ( 8.3 x 19.4 x 9.5 cm )
Rectangular brass plaque with molded edge painted brown (to resemble wood); two screw bolts on reverse.
Gift of Mrs. Joseph Keppler
engraved: in large print: "DOCTOR/ F. MILLER" over "JAMISON" in fine print
This door plate was owned by Francis Miller (1817-1892), great grandfather of the donor. Dr. Miller practiced in New York and lived on Forsyth Street and served on the medical staff of the City Regiment in the 1850's prior to the Civil War.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.