Overall: 1 3/4 x 9 3/8 in. ( 4.4 x 23.8 cm )
Reassembled drape-molded redware plate with serrated rim and obverse with slip-trailed decoration of three stripes flanked by rows of wavy lines.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, D. A. R.
This plate was formerly part of the Reginald Pelham Bolton collection of Colonial and Revolutionary War relics in the Morris-Jumel Mansion. It was found on the site of the Van Oblienis house near Fort Washington Avenue and 176th Street, in 1913. See the N-YHS Quarterly (October 1929), p. 89, item 14, p. 98.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.