overall (largest): 3 x 8 1/8 x 3 5/8 in. ( 7.6 x 20.6 x 9.2 cm )
Pair of leather child's shoes; clog-style uppers with two straps on either side which fold over top of foot and buckle.
Gift of Katharine Prentis Murphy
These shoes were found by New-York Historical Society staff members in the walls of the Curtis-Robinson House at Southington, Connecticut, erected ca. 1766. According to the accession record, the shoes were buried in dirt and were believed to have been dragged into the walls by rats.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.