Overall: 5 1/8 x 4 7/8 in. ( 13 x 12.4 cm )
Wheelthrown redware vessel with a scalloped edge; cylindrical neck decorated with incised geometric pattern; shouldered body tapers to a small circular base and is dark brown in color.
Gift of Miss Dorothy C. Barck
incised: on base: "Inwood Pottery"
According to accession records, this vase is a reproduction of Iroquois Indian pottery. Inwood Pottery Studios was built on the site of an old Indian village called Shopakop-kik but moved to 168th Street in 1936 when the city of New York designated that land for a park.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.