Overall: 3/4 x 7 1/8 in. ( 1.9 x 18.1 cm )
Molded pearlware plate with dark blue transfer print of "New York, Battery"; leaf border and central image showing the Battery with Flagstaff pavilion at left.
Gift of Mrs. J. Insley Blair
printed: in blue on underside of plate: "NEW-YORK/BATTERY" in cartouche
Built on the Battery in 1809, Flagstaff Pavilion was an outdoor summer amusement center where people gathered to hear music and purchase refreshments.
G. Kellogg Coll.; W.R. Hearst Coll.; purchased by Mrs. J. Insley Blair from W.R. Hearst Coll., Parke, Bernet #34, Nov. 1938 ($55).
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.