with handle extended: 16 1/4 x 7 1/2 x 7 3/8 in. ( 41.3 x 19 x 18.7 cm )
Rectangular lantern with tin frame, fixed glass panels on three sides, and glass door on fourth side; domed cylindrical top with numerous circular ventilation holes; bent wire handle with rectangular corners and loop at center top.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.