Overall: 5 x 2 1/2 x 4 3/8 in. ( 12.7 x 6.4 x 11.1 cm )
Wrought silver creamer; raised, inverted pear-shaped body with a flared rim and extended triangular pouring lip; applied rope molding around the rim; cast, circular stepped foot and incurved circular pedestal; rope molding applied around the edge of the foot; cast, open s-scroll on c-scroll handle; engraved, "P S/ 1761" in bright-cut script; maker's mark on the base.
Bequest of Major Philip Schuyler
engraved: center front: "P S/ 1761" in bright-cut script stamped: on the base: "S Coley" in script, conforming
This creamer originally belonged to Philip Schulyer (1788-1865).
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.