Overall: 2 1/2 x 4 3/4 in. ( 6.4 x 12.1 cm )
Porcelain bowl with shaped and flared rim;decorated with underglaze blue border of butterflies and diaper and gilt details; exterior has a polychrome enamel shield with a floral surrounding and iron red gilt initials in the center.
Gift of Mrs. Fanny F. Clark
inscribed: in shield:"A.D."
This tea service was owned by Ann (Rapelje) Duyckinck (1733-1789), who married Gerards Duyckinck in 1752. According to the donor, the set was acquired at the time of their wedding; however, it was probably made about thirty-five years later, when such porcelain became available on the American market.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.