Overall: 3 1/2 x 7 7/8 in. ( 8.9 x 20 cm )
Porcelain bowl with shaped rim; interior rim decorated with underglaze blue border of butterflies and diaper and gilt details; exterior rim has a gilt wave band; exterior bowl has two polychrome enamel shields with a floral surrounding and iron red and gilt initials in the center.
Gift of Mrs. Fanny F. Clark
inscribed: inside shield: "A.D."
This tea service was owned by Ann (Rapelje) Duyckinck (1733-1789), who married Gerards Duyckinck in 1752. According to the donor, the set was acquired at the time of their wedding; however, it was probably made about thirty-five years later, when such porcelain became available on the American market.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.