a: 15/16 x 7 x 2 1/8 in. ( 2.4 x 17.8 x 5.4 cm ) b: 7/8 x 7 x 2 1/8 in. ( 2.2 x 17.8 x 5.4 cm )
Wrought brass spoons, each with large oval bowls, straight handles with canted edges slightly flared at terminus; triangular bracket and marked on top on bowl near juncture with handle.
Gift of Mrs. William Strom and Mrs. E. R. Tilton
stamped: on a: "GP/*" within a heart with crown and "WHITE CVA/E" within round reserve stamped: on b: within a circular reserve "G (images of three spoons) P/(__) LITE (_____)"
According to the donor, the spoons were found on the site of the Satterwaite House (now the Thompson Homestead Memorial) which was built in 1873. This spot was a burial ground of the Montauk Indians. The donor's maiden name was Satterwaite.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.