Oil on wood panel
Overall: 14 1/8 x 11 3/4 in. ( 35.9 x 29.8 cm )
Gift of Mrs. Charles Messer Stow
The dealer from whom the donor acquired this painting stated that the subject was a builder of, and carpenter on, the ship "Mechanics Own." This vessel was a clipper ship built in 1849 at the Bishop and Simonson shipyard at 193 Lewis Street, New York.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.