Overall: 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 4 3/4 in. ( 19 x 14 x 12.1 cm )
Ovoid salt-glaze stoneware pitcher with Albany slip-coated interior; strap handle and pouring spout; decorated with 2 flowers painted in cobalt oxide, brush strokes of cobalt on neck, and circles of cobalt at handle attachments.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
stamped: on side: "R. C. R./PHILA."
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.