Overall: 1/4 x 1 x 4 1/2 in. ( 0.6 x 2.5 x 11.4 cm )
silver-plated demitasse spoon with elliptical bowl and downturned pointed handle with scroll decoration; maker's mark and "WALDORF-ASTORIA" stamped on underside of handle.
stamped: on underside of handle: "VICTOR S. CO." in rectangle stamped: on underside of handle: "WALDORF ASTORIA"
The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, a hotel complex opened in successive stages on 5th Avenue between 33rd and 34th Streets, was the largest and grandest hotel in New York City in the 1890s. It was demolished in 1929 to allow for construction of the Empire State Building, and a second hotel in the art deco style was built on Park Avenue between 49th and 50th Streets in 1931.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.