17 x 11 1/4 x 10 in. oval
A large oval cardboard box, probably a hat box, with a wood block in the bottom for support, printed around the outside with a goldish green and white image of the first Merchants Exchange in New York City. The Merchants Exchange building at 55 Wall Street was rebuilt between 1836-1842 after the Great Fire of 1835; in the 1850's the exchange failed and the building became the Custom's House until 1907, when it was converted to a Regent Hotel.
Gift of Bella C. Landauer
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.