Bottle stands (pair)
Silver, wood, linen
These intricate bottle stands, intended to hold glass decanters or wine bottles, were used on the dining table of Philip Schuyler (1733-1804), one of the wealthiest landowners in the Hudson Valley. Bottle stands with pierced sides and wooden bases provided an elegant means of passing wine around a large table without the assistance of servants.
New-York Historical Society, Bequest of Major Philip Schuyler
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.