Overall: 8 1/8 x 4 3/8 in. (20.6 x 11.1 cm)
Olive green, non-lead, blown glass bottle in shaft and globe form with applied string rim and applied seal "N P".
Purchase, funded by Robert Goelet
This exceedingly rare bottle, made in England around 1660, was excavated in Pelham Bay Park in 1978 near a house site thought to be that of Anne Hutchinson (1591-1643), the religious dissident who left Rhode Island and moved to Pelham Bay in 1642. The bottle bears a seal with the initials "N P," presumably those of the original owner.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.