Robert David Lion Gardiner Foundation
This fellowship will be awarded to an early-career scholar. Research projects should expand public understanding of New York State history and should include research based on the collections and resources of the New-York Historical Society. This ten-month residency will carry a stipend of $60,000, plus benefits. The fellowship will begin September 5, 2018 and will last through June 29, 2019.
Applicants should be early career scholars with projects that expand on the understanding of New York State history. Application requirements include:
- A two- to three-page proposal describing the theme of the research project and the New-York Historical Society resources critical to the project
- A curriculum vitae
- A short writing sample of no more than 3,000 words or ten pages
- Three letters of recommendation
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE ELEMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED:
- No later than 11:59 pm on January 8, 2018
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- To apply, click here