Special Events Associate
JOB TITLE: Special Events Associate
DEPARTMENT: Special Events
JOB SUMMARY: The Special Events Associate will be responsible for interacting with clients and vendors and managing event logistics from the initial inquiry through completion. This person should have an upbeat personality, a willingness to be flexible and pitch in when needed, the ability to think creatively and ambition to learn and grow. The availability to work nights and weekends is essential. This position will report to the Special Events Manager and Director of Special Events.
- Prepare event proposals, contracts and invoices for N-YHS clients
- Field phone calls and e-mails related to event inquiries
- Oversee N-YHS event rental email inbox to ensure that all incoming inquiries are receiving information in a timely manner
- Work closely with N-YHS’ exclusive caterer and other vendors to make sure that needs/deadlines are met and schedules are accommodated
- Conduct sales and operations site visits
- Draft memos to Museum colleagues in an effort to communicate event details and staffing requirements
- Interact with other Museum departments to reserve event space
- Work events (many include nights and some weekends)
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2 years of event operations experience (preferably in a museum or cultural center)
- Sales experience or interest in event sales
- Confidence to speak with clients and vendors
- Understanding of customer service
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Mail, Google Calendar and Google Docs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, walk and stand for 4-6 hours daily. Occasional sedentary computer work required
For consideration please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please reference the job title.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.