Members of the Frederick Douglass Council support the New-York Historical Society’s mission to engage a broad range of people in American history through groundbreaking exhibitions, thought-provoking programs, and educational activities that bring history to life.
Members enjoy special access to our new Civil Rights Gallery along with other exhibitions and programs that highlight the important role African-Americans have played in American and New York history.
For more information or to join, contact the Membership Office at (212) 485-9279 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unlimited free admission to the New-York Historical Society Museum & Library and DiMenna Children’s History Museum for two adults at the same residence and children under the age of 18
- Invitation to our family-friendly Thanksgiving Eve event and to select Family Programs throughout the year
- The opportunity to host a birthday party in the DiMenna Children’s History Museum
- Two complimentary tickets to a Public or Family Program of your choice, with concierge reservation services through the Membership Office
- Invitation for two to opening receptions for Civil Rights Gallery exhibitions and other members-only receptions
All the benefits of Orator membership, plus…
- Private tour of Civil Rights Gallery exhibitions with a Museum docent (by appointment through the Membership Office)
- Four complimentary tickets to a Public or Family Program of your choice, with concierge reservation services through the Membership Officeersonal shopping experience at the Museum Store (by appointment through the Membership Office)
- Two guest passes for admission to the Museum to share with friends, family or colleagues
All the benefits of Freedom Seeker membership, plus…
- One family membership to give as a gift
- Invitations to exclusive behind-the-scenes Family Programs on American History
- Listing in the New-York Historical Society Annual Report
All the benefits of Champion membership, plus…
- Four guest passes for admission to the Museum, to share with friends, family, or colleagues
- Invitations to private curatorial talks on special exhibitions, the Museum collection and Library archives
All the benefits of North Star membership, plus…
- Invitation for two to Weekend With History gala which includes a black tie dinner honoring the winner of the New-York Historical’s American History Book Prize on Friday evening and panel discussions with well-known authors and historians on Saturday