Woodbine table lamp

Classification: 
Date: 
ca. 1906-1910
Medium: 
Glass, bronze
Dimensions: 
Overall: 20 × 16 in. (50.8 × 40.6 cm)
Description: 
Leaded glass and bronze "Woodbine" table lampshade; dome-shaped shade decorated with bright green leaves with orange mottles and striations, and dark red leaves with blue and green striations; background of dark gold fractured glass with slivers of green and violet.
Credit Line: 
Gift of Dr. Egon Neustadt
Object Number: 
N84.45.1
Marks: 
stamped: on metal tag inside shade: "TIFFANY STUDIOS NEW YORK"
Date Begin: 
0
Date End: 
1910
eMuseum Object ID: 
1554
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.

Peony Border floor lamp

Classification: 
Date: 
ca. 1910-1913
Medium: 
Glass, bronze
Dimensions: 
Overall (height, diameter): 73 × 24 1/2 in. (185.4 × 62.2 cm)
Description: 
Leaded glass and bronze "Peony Border" lampshade; 24" diameter dome-shaped shade with geometric rows of mottled yellowish-green background glass; wide border of peonies with red blossoms made from undulating glass, orange-yellow peony centers, and foliage of green stippled glass. Shade has 6 reinforcement wires running from aperture to lower rim of shade. Shown with bronze floor lamp base (N84.47.2) and cap with pig-tail finial (N84.47.3).
Credit Line: 
Gift of Dr. Egon Neustadt
Object Number: 
N84.47.1
Marks: 
stamped on metal tag inside shade: "TIFFANY STUDIOS NEW YORK 1574"
Gallery Label: 
This shade was listed on Tiffany Studios' 1910 and 1913 price lists at $175.
Date Begin: 
0
Date End: 
1913
eMuseum Object ID: 
1413
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.

The Dr. Egon Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass

Artist: Clara Driscoll
Title: Peacock table lamp
Medium: Glass, bronze

 

The New-York Historical Society's entire collection of 132 Tiffany lamps and three windows came as the gift of a single collector, Dr. Egon Neustadt, in 1984. Dr. Neustadt—an Austrian immigrant, New York City orthodontist, and successful real estate developer—began collecting Tiffany lamps in 1935, when he and his wife Hildegard purchased their first lamp in a Greenwich Village antique shop. Over the course of five decades, Dr.

Teaser: 

The New-York Historical Society's entire collection of 132 Tiffany lamps and three windows came as the gift of a single collector, Dr. Egon Neustadt, in 1984. A limited selection of this collection is on view in the Luce Center.

Teaser image: 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - The Dr. Egon Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass
Creative: Tronvig Group