Teen Program Associate (PT)
JOB TITLE: Teen Program Associate, Part-Time, Seasonal
REPORTS TO: Manager of Digital Learning Programs
The Teen Program Associate at the New-York Historical Society is a part-time temporary position. The Associate works with the Manager of Teen Programs and the Manager of Digital Learning Programs on all tasks related to out-of-school time education programs for middle and high school students. The Teen Program Associate will facilitate the summer Teen Leaders Internship Program and oversee the daily operations of the N-YHS satellite exhibition on Governors Island. The Associate will provide administrative support on all other out-of-school time Teen Programs. S/he must be available to work the following schedule:
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 9am–2pm, June 21–July 28;
- Saturdays and Sundays, 11am–6pm, July 8–October 1;
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 1pm-5pm, August 2–September 29.
Compensation is $25/hour. Maximum of 24 hours/week.
Bachelor’s degree in History, Art History, Education, or a related field required.
- Experience coordinating, developing, and facilitating out-of-school time programming for teen audiences, particularly in a museum setting
- Passion for working with a teen audience, particularly in a museum setting
- Ability to understand and implement daily operation details with accuracy
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Skillful ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and information/database management
- Knowledge of the New-York Historical Society collections
- Knowledge of the NYC Social Studies Scope and Sequence and Common Core State Standards
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to:
- Work closely with the Manager of Teen Programs and the Manager of Digital Learning Programs to support and implement out-of-school time programming for high school students at the New-York Historical Society and the satellite exhibition on Governors Island
- Facilitate and coordinate the summer Teen Leaders Internship Program, and additional programs as needed
- Provide administrative support for out-of-school time programs
- Participate in project planning and development for new teen initiatives
- Provide general administrative support to the Education Division on an as-needed basis
- Collaborate with Education Division staff on the execution of periodic special events
- Additional duties as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will require the employee to lift, bend, stoop, walk, speak, and stand for up to 7 hours in a day. Sedentary computer work is also required.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resource department directly.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer