The Federal Ship Hamilton
The Centerpiece of the Federal Procession was the Federal Ship Hamilton. Named after Alexander Hamilton, the ship was a miniature 32-gun frigate, 27 feet long and 10 feet wide, carrying more than 30 seamen and marines. In the procession, the ship was on a platform drawn by 10 horses. It fired several 13 gun salutes (one for each state) to start and resume the procession. At the conclusion of the procession, the ship was "moored" at the Bowling Green. It remained there until the Common Council ordered it removed on June 30, 1789.