Plan Your Visit
Plan Your Visit
Located in the lower level of New-York Historical, the DiMenna Children’s History Museum presents 350 years of New York and American history through character-based pavilions, interactive exhibitions and games, and the Barbara K. Lipman Children’s History Library.
Calling all families! Explore history together both in this dedicated space, created for children ages 8–13, and throughout the rest of the New-York Historical Society Museum. DiMenna Children's History Museum is located on the lower-level of New-York Historical and is included as part of your general admission ticket. It's open during Museum hours.
Some tips for your visit:
- Talk to your children before you visit to decide the galleries and activities that best fit your interests and needs.
- Explore our digital guides! Pick one or several and use them to help direct your visit.
- For very young children, playing "I Spy" or searching for colors or shapes will keep them looking closely.
- Use questions to keep the conversation going: Compare and contract, try to guess how objects were used, or use "I wonder..." prompts to encourage further research.
- Share your visit with us! Tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter at @nyhistory
As part of the Key to NYC program, all visitors to New York City museums ages 12 and over are required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. New-York Historical and the DiMenna Children's History Museum. Face masks are required for all employees and visitors older than age 2 inside our building and in our courtyard. Hand sanitizers are available throughout the building, and maintenance staff performs enhanced cleaning throughout the day.