Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Fifth Grade: How did New York help shape the history of North America?
At the start of this series, students consider early interactions between native peoples and colonists in a broader historical context. In the second half, dive into the interplay between New York, the nation, and the Western Hemisphere in the late 19th century.
- Session 1: The Geography of New York
- Session 2: The Age of Exploration
- Session 3: Natives and Newcomers
- Session 4: New Amsterdam/New York
- Session 5: The French and Indian War
- Session 6: Revolution!
- Session 7: Nueva York
- Session 8: Westward Ho!
- Session 9: Culmination—A Visual Timeline