Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Second Grade: How did geography shape our city?
After learning how to decode the past using artifacts, images, and maps, students will use those skills to examine how geography shaped the development of New York City.
- Session 1: Learning History with Objects
- Session 2: Learning History with Images
- Session 3: Learning to Read a Map
- Session 4: Learning History with Maps
- Session 5: Rural or Urban
- Session 6: Mannahatta
- Session 7: Colonial New York
- Session 8: Immigrant City
- Session 9: Culmination—New York’s Changing Geography
The Art and Whimsy of Mo Willems
We are delighted to offer a one-off program that brings Mo Willems’ creative genius straight to your classroom! Our innovative and hands-on program will take your students’ love of all-things-Mo to the next level by teaching them how the simplest shapes and lines can convey robust characters, emotive stories, and much more!