Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Seventh Grade: New York and North America, 1408–1865
By exploring major historical topics from the viewpoint of women, native people, people of color, and other marginalized groups, students will gain a more nuanced understanding of history as they sharpen their historian skills interpreting artifacts, images, maps, and documents.
- Session 1: New York’s First People
- Session 2: New Amsterdam
- Session 3: British New York
- Session 4: The American Revolution in New York
- Session 5: New York, New Nation
- Session 6: Opening the American West
- Session 7: The Underground Railroad
- Session 8: New York and the Civil War
- Session 9: Culmination – A Visual Timeline