Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
TECH SCHOLARS PROGRAM
High school girls (grades 9-12) will have the unique opportunity to explore the digital humanities at New-York Historical Society. Participants will have behind-the-scenes access to our Center for Women’s History where they will meet with curators and graduate fellows as well as conduct research on the historical figures and events that continue to impact young women today. Participants will then share their scholarship through dynamic digital projects by learning basic html and CSS code to create retro websites to be hosted by New-York Historical Society.
Upcoming Program Dates:
- NYC DOE Spring Break Tech Scholars: April 22nd – April 26th 2019, 10am – 3pm. Applications now closed.
- NYC DOE Summer Tech Scholars: August 12th – August 16th 2019, 10am – 3pm. Apply here!
- Summer Tech Scholars II: August 19th – August 23rd 2019, 10am – 3 pm. Apply here!
Important support for Tech Scholars provided by Susan Waterfall and Susan and Robert E. Klein.
SCHOLARS PROGRAM FOR TEENS
Saturdays, July 20th – August 24th 2019, 10am – 3pm
In commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising, teens are invited to learn about the history and bravery of LGBTQ activists who helped to pave the way for the freedoms we experience today, and about the injustices that remain. This program gives teens the unique opportunity to meet and hear the stories of LGBTQ activists from the 1980s and today. Scholars will then produce oral histories, gaining hands-on experience with our state-of-the-art audio production equipment.
- All application forms must be completed by the applicant and submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will stop accepting applications once each program is filled.
- The Tech Scholars programs are open only to young women in high school.
- The application form for the NYC DOE Summer Tech Scholars program may be found here.
- Participation in NYC DOE Tech Scholars programs is open only to New York City Public School students.
- The application form for the Summer Tech Scholars II program may be found here.
- The application form for the Stonewall Scholars program may be found here.
- Applicants must provide a valid photo ID (school ID, state ID, passport, IDNYC, etc.).
- Participation is $300 with Family Membership to N-YHS or $350 per student for non-Members. Participation in DOE Tech Scholars programs is free.
- Full and partial scholarship opportunities are available to applicants who have qualified for free or reduced lunch in the past.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 212-873-3400 Ext 356.