diameter: 1 1/4 in. ( 3.2 cm )
Inscription: reverse, at lower center of border: "THE WHITEHEAD & HOAG CO., NEWARK, N.J."
Bronze struck medal with obverse showing building with domed roof within central roundel; surrounding legend: "Kings County Historical Society/ -- 1911 --." Reverse bears inscription: "THE 275TH/ANNIVERSARY OF THE/PURCHASE OF LAND ON LONG/ISLAND FROM THE INDIANS BY/JACOBUS VAN CORLEAR, WOUTER/VAN TWILLER, WOLPHERT GERRETSE/VAN KOUWENHOVEN AND ADRIES/HUDDIE. JUNE 16TH, 1636/JUNE 16TH, 1911."
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.