The Dr. Egon Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass

Artist: Clara Driscoll
Title: Peacock table lamp
Medium: Glass, bronze

 

The New-York Historical Society's entire collection of 132 Tiffany lamps and three windows came as the gift of a single collector, Dr. Egon Neustadt, in 1984. Dr. Neustadt—an Austrian immigrant, New York City orthodontist, and successful real estate developer—began collecting Tiffany lamps in 1935, when he and his wife Hildegard purchased their first lamp in a Greenwich Village antique shop. Over the course of five decades, Dr. Neustadt amassed one of the most important and most comprehensive Tiffany collections in the world.

A limited selection of this collection is on view in the Luce Center.

Creative: Tronvig Group