Library Closing For the Summer

Yes, sometimes even the best spaces need a little sprucing up!  Please note that our library is officially closed for the summer for renovation and will re-open to the public on Saturday, September 10th.  Until then, continue to follow the library collections on our blog.

Library floor looking north from balcony, showing Librarian Alexander J. Wall, Jr. near the moving cartons, June 22, 1937. (N-YHS Archives, box 3, folder 6).

Archives Buildings

Librarians Miss Lent, Miss Barck (presumably the ghostly figure in the middle), and Miss Welde, packing for the move during the construction of wings and back corridor, June 22, 1937.  (N-YHS Archives, box 3, folder 6).  The N-YHS building was closed to the public from May 1937 until March 1939.

Creative: Tronvig Group