NEW-YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY JOINS 17 NEW YORK CITY MUSEUMS TO PARTICIPATE IN INSTAGRAM SWAP
New-York Historical Society Pairs with the Frick Collection to Showcase
Artifacts, Artwork, and More on the Social Media Photo-Sharing Platform
NEW YORK, NY (February 2, 2016) – Eighteen major New York City-area institutions join forces on February 2, 2016, to celebrate their collections and spaces on Instagram. For this unique collaboration, the first of its kind among major institutions in the United States, the New-York Historical Society will swap its Instagram account with the Frick Collection for one day, going behind the scenes of the cultural institution and revealing its special connections to the New-York Historical Society.
As part of the Instagram Swap, each participating museum has been paired with a partner institution, visited their partner, and taken photographs that resonate with their own collections and themes. Throughout the day on February 2, each museum will showcase its experience with their partner museum on Instagram using the hashtag #MuseumInstaSwap, offering new perspectives on their partner museum. The public is encouraged to follow and interact to discover what the museums found in each other’s collections.
The museum participants are paired as follows:
- The Frick Collection @frickcollection
- New-York Historical Society @nyhistory
- American Museum of Natural History @AMNH
- The Museum of Modern Art @themuseumofmodernart
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum @intrepidmuseum
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum @cooperhewitt
- Museum of the City of New York @MuseumofCityNY
- The New Museum @newmuseum
- The Museum of Arts and Design @madmuseum
- The Whitney Museum of American Art @whitneymuseum
- Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts @mocada_museum
- Neue Galerie @neuegalerieny
- Queens Museum @queensmuseum
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art @metmuseum
- Guggenheim Museum @guggenheim
- Liberty Science Center @libertysciencecenter
- The Studio Museum in Harlem @studiomuseum
- The Jewish Museum @thejewishmuseum
About the New-York Historical Society
The New-York Historical Society, one of America’s pre-eminent cultural institutions, is dedicated to fostering research and presenting history and art exhibitions and public programs that reveal the dynamism of history and its influence on the world of today. Founded in 1804, New-York Historical has a mission to explore the richly layered history of New York City and State and the country, and to serve as a national forum for the discussion of issues surrounding the making and meaning of history.
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West (at 77th Street)
New York, NY 10024
Teachers and Seniors: $15
Children (5-13): $6
Children (4 and under): free
*Pay-as-you-wish Fridays from 6 pm – 8 pm.