Members of the Chairman’s Council are partners in the New-York Historical Society’s mission to engage a broad range of people in American history through groundbreaking exhibitions, thought-provoking programs, and educational activities that bring history to life.
This highly engaging group is provided opportunities to meet and learn from some of today’s most prominent historians, attend VIP events, and receive complimentary tickets to all of the Historical Society's ground-breaking public programs.
For more information, contact the Office of the Chairman’s Council at (212) 485-9221, or e-mail ChairmansCouncil@nyhistory.org.
As a Chairman’s Council Member, you are invited to attend the annual Weekend with History, an annual two-day event featuring the winner of the New-York Historical Society American History Book Prize at Friday’s black-tie dinner, and a series of intimate, informal presentations by leading historians, scholars, and newsmakers on Saturday morning. Other member benefits include…
- Request up to two free tickets per membership and enjoy VIP reserved seating for all New-York Historical Society public programs.
- Receive VIP invitations for previews of major exhibitions.
- Attend the annual Fall Event with prominent historians.
- Receive free admission to the Historical Society for members and their guests.
- Enjoy a ten percent discount for you and your guests at Storico and purchases at the NYHistory Store and Parliament Espresso and Coffee Bar.
All benefits at the Member level, plus…
- Attend a Dinner with History, an intimate dinner party in a private home or club with a pre-eminent historian or author. Past Dinners with History have taken place at the French Consulate, The Lotos Club, and private homes. Guest speakers have included James McPherson, Simon Schama, Ron Chernow, Ric Burns, Robert Dallek, David Kennedy, Joseph Ellis, Amity Shlaes, Edmund Morris and David Nasaw.
- Receive invitations to private receptions with noted historians and public figures preceding their appearances at the New-York Historical Society.
All benefits at the Vice Chair level, plus. . .
- Invitation to participate in a multi-day fall seminar at N-YHS presented by the Institute for Constitutional History, the nation's premier center dedicated to the study of the U.S. Constitution. Past seminar leaders have included Akhil Reed Amar, Linda Greenhouse, and James Oakes
- Enjoy a private tour (with up to six guests) of an exhibition of your choice led by the show's curator